Need additional support or have questions?Call TAPS 800.959.TAPS(8277)
Are session attendees visible to others?
Will I be able to see who is attending the session with me like I usually can?
The answer varies depending on the type of session you are in. For some, such as the Share Groups, we would love for you to join us using your video and audio. However, you can always choose to share or hide your video and audio in a session if you are more comfortable that way.
For some larger sessions, the session host has all attendees in a ‘view and listen only’ mode, and you will be unable to share your audio or video. In these sessions, you will always be able to submit your questions, comments, or thoughts through the chat or Q&A features in Zoom. Interaction is welcome, and we love to have your input.
Can't Hear Audio?
I can't hear the audio - what should I do?
Troubleshooting Speaker Issues
If you cannot hear other participants in a Zoom meeting, follow these steps to troubleshoot the issue:
- Ensure your speaker is turned on. If you see the speaker icon in the top-left corner is turned off, tap it to turn on your speaker.
- Increase the volume on your mobile device using the volume buttons or notification panel. Even if the speaker is turned on in Zoom, your device's volume might be set to mute or vibrate only.
- Try using earphones.
- Restart your mobile device.
- Reinstall Zoom from the Apple App Store or Google Play
Troubleshooting Microphone Issues
If you are experiencing issues using your microphone with the Zoom mobile app, follow these steps to troubleshoot the issue:
- Ensure the microphone is not on mute. If you see the muted Audio icon in the meeting controls, tap it to unmute yourself. If you are still muted, the host may have muted you upon entering the meeting. Ask to be unmuted by sending a chat message to the host.
- Ensure you have connected your mobile device's audio. If you see the Audio icon in the meeting controls, tap it and select Call via Device Audio. If prompted, allow Zoom to access your microphone.
- Try using earphones with a microphone.
- Ensure Zoom has access to your device's microphone.
- iOS: Go to Settings > Privacy > Microphone and switch on the toggle for Zoom.
- Android: Go to Settings > Apps & notifications > App permissions > Microphone and switch on the toggle for Zoom.
- Ensure that no other applications are using the microphone at the same time.
- iOS: Double-tap the "Home" button to view apps currently running. Swipe up to close an app.
- Android: Tap the multi-task button (the square icon usually in the bottom-right corner) to view apps currently running. Swipe left of right to close an app.
- Restart your iOS device.
Reinstall Zoom from the Apple App Store or Google Play
Stay up-to-date with the latest event news and announcements like schedule changes and reminders.
Tap the bell icon at the top right of the screen to view unread notifications.
Connecting App to Wi-Fi
In order to access the app and receive updates, such as content changes and push notifications, you'll need to be connected to Wi-Fi.
1. Navigate out of the app.
2. Tap the Settings icon.
3. Tap Wi-Fi.
4. Connect to the Wi-Fi of your choice.
Connecting with Other Survivors
Add yourself to the attendee list to network with other survivors by sharing your contact information.
1. Log in to the app.
2. Tap the Profile icon on the top right.
3. Tap on 'My Area'
4. Tap on 'Networking Profile'
5. Fill out or change any information you'd like to share or not share with others. Select your profile to be hidden or visible. Upload an image so other survivors will know who you are.
6. Check the "Business Card" box that says, "I would like to participate in networking with my profile."
7. When finished, select Save at the bottom right.
Now go find your TAPS family!
1. Select the More hamburger icon (three horizontal lines) on the upper-left of the screen.
2. Select the 'Attendees' option
3. Find the survivor you'd like to connect with in the alphabetical list and click on their name.
4. Select one of the options to Share your Business Card (so they can contact you), Send a Chat Message, or Start a Video Call.
They'll receive a notification when you send a Chat Message or Start a Video Call.
Do I have to download the Zoom app?
You do not have to download the Zoom app to view the video feeds. All videos can be accessed by connecting to the internet!
However, if you would like to download the Zoom app,
1. Search and download Zoom in your app store.
2. Create your own account
To sign up for your own free account, visit zoom.us/signup, and enter your email address. You will receive an email from Zoom (email@example.com). In this email, click Activate Account.
1. Find the page that has the PDF you’d like to download attached to it. Under the header of the document, tap the name of the PDF. _x005F_x000B_
2. Tap the export icon in the top right corner of the screen to open an options menu. Tap Copy to iBooks to save the PDF on your device, tap Mail to share it in an email as an attachment, or tap Print to print the PDF to any printer on the same Wi-Fi network.
1. Find the page that has the PDF you’d like to download attached to it. Under the header of the document, tap the name of PDF._x005F_x000B_
2. Tap the three dots in the upper right-hand corner to open a pop-up window. Using these buttons, you can either send the file with your chosen email client, open it with a program of your choice, download the file to your device, or print it using any printer on the same Wi-Fi network as you.
What can I do if I am emotional and need support during or after a session?
Your TAPS family is here for you 24/7. We are ready to connect anytime you are by calling 800.959.TAPS(8277) 24 hours a day.
I'm Having Technical Difficulties
I'm having technical difficulties - who can I call?
Our first line of support for technical difficulties is to reach out to Zoom support directly for troubleshooting.
And as always, you may call TAPS at 800.959.TAPS(8277) for support.
Internet Connection Requirements
Do I need a high-speed internet connection to participate in the sessions?
While high-speed internet is not required, you are always welcome to join us via phone if you have limited internet abilities or are experiencing technical difficulties.
Logging Into the App
Login to the Web App to experience all of the app features!
If you received an email invitation:
1. Open the invitation in your inbox. Click 'Login to the App.' or 'Create an Account' if you have not set up an account yet.
2. If you have not set up an Account, you will need to do so before you can Login.
If you’re signing up for an account:
1. From the Login screen, click 'Create an Account.'
2. Enter your Name, Email and set a Password, or use the LinkedIn option to login with your LinkedIn account.
Managing Your Privacy
Set your profile to private:
If you'd rather have control over who can see your profile, you can set it to private.
1. Tap the Profile icon in the top right of the screen
2. Select 'My Area'
3. Click on 'Networking Profile'
4. Uncheck the "Business Card" checkbox for, "I would like to participate in networking with my profile." With this setting disabled, your name will not show up on the attendee list and other survivors will not be able to message you through the app.
5. Click 'Save' to update your profile
May I pause the session?
If I need a break during the workshop am I able to pause the video feed?
If you are joining us for a live session, there is not an ability to pause.
Searching the App
The search feature searches everything within the app, including sessions, speakers, organizations, and information pages.
Looking for another survivor?
The app only searches for survivors from the attendee list, so if you're looking for someone, tap the Attendees icon to see who’s here.
Sending a message:
1. Click on the 'Attendees' menu.
2. Find the person you would like to message and tap on their name.
3. In their profile, click on the 'Start Chat' icon.
4. Write your message, then tap the 'Enter' key to send the message.
Checking Your Messages:
1. To check if you have any messages, click on your profile icon in the top-right corner.
2. Click on 'Private Chat.'
3. A circle will show up next to unread messages.
Signing into Zoom
You can log in to your Zoom account on the web at any time, at zoom.us/signin. Once you're logged in, use the panel on the left side to navigate the Zoom web portal. You can update your profile, schedule a meeting, edit your settings, and more.
Updating your profile:
You can update your profile by adding a profile picture, set your time zone, update your password, and more. To access your Zoom profile, sign in to the Zoom web portal, and click Profile.
What are the system requirements to participate in the workshops?
There are two options for you to participate in the workshops.
Option 1: You will need an electronic device connected to the internet! (Literally any device will work.) You may use smart tvs, mobile phones, tablets, desktop computers, laptops, etc.
Option 2: You will need a telephone to join via phone!
Just find the session you want to participate in and follow the Zoom link inside. It will take you to the Zoom session through a browser or by your app (if you have Zoom installed on your smart device).
If you should have difficulty, please see How to Join a Zoom Meeting.
How can I do a system test of my electronic device before the workshops begin?
Please refer to Zoom System Testing for help with checking that your system meets the requirements.
There are two ways to join meeting audio, joining via computer or joining via telephone. Follow these sections to test your audio before or after joining a meeting.
You can also join a test meeting if you want to test your audio and familiarize yourself with meeting controls.
What Device to Use
What electronic devices can I use to access the workshops?
You can join the Virtual Seminar and connect with your TAPS family using any electronic device connected to the internet! You can also join in a listen-mode by calling in using a telephone.
Some options are:
Smart Phone, Tablet, Laptop or even some smart TV’s
There is more information on Joining a Meeting with Zoom as well.
I've heard about Zoom security issues - what steps have you taken to keep my family safe from these?
Your trust, safety, and privacy are so important to TAPS. To ensure you and your family are safe from the ZOOM security concerns, TAPS has taken the extra precautions to protect your privacy.
1. All attendees are required to register through the TAPS.org/national
2. All attendees received an email sent to their email address to verify their access
3. The ZOOM sessions are only accessible through the TAPS App
4. Zoom security settings have been updated to require passwords and special permission to join the session.
5. All sessions are actively monitored by TAPS staff to ensure the safety of you and your family
What do I need to have for the session?
Is there anything else I need to have with me to be prepared for the sessions?
This Virtual National Seminar is designed to bring the comfort and love of your TAPS family straight to you in the comfort of your living room. There are no requirements for preparation other than to access to the app, choose the sessions you want to attend, get comfy and join us!